Get Premium to hide all ads

Original post

Posted by Permamuted, 28.12.2017 - 13:46
I know i said i was going to step away from any strat changes but doing so just because of the flaming/harassment from a small number of loud players is a poor reason. Players are asking for a few changes and I know nobody else will do it. I was going to wait until the buildings are live but Ivan tells me thats a few months away yet because coding is required and clovis is busy with the mapmaker. Here is what we've got so far.

Desert Storm:

-1 defence to helicopters.

Many players are asking for this. It's hard to deny that it's needed. It is also a pretty minor nerf and will fix that issue where you send a mixed stack of inf/helis at a city to contest expansion and the helis defend randomly instead of the infantry due to them both having the same defensive stat.

Master of Stealth:

-1 attack +1 defence to infantry.

An interesting suggestion by trollface/chess. Personally i think it is worth betaing for a while at least. Anyone who plays mos can attest to its' poor defensive capabilities. The strat definitely struggles in close quarters vs all the competitive strategies even within its niche and this would help remedy that. While it weakens mos' t1 expansion slightly it does improve its' expansion contesting capabilities with mixed marine/inf stacks. The overall net effect should be that of a boost to the strat. It should expand upon the strategies niche where it is only good if played far away from any opponents.

Guerilla Warfare:

Remove marine defense bonus vs infantry.

Gw militia had 5 defence until amok fixed the city defense bonus bug. Defence bonuses were removed from all strats except for gw which was accidentally skipped over. However gw is a very popular strat so most people were ok with it. Gw counters the infantry based strats pretty hard so they do need this.

Blitzkrieg:

+1 range to all units

The idea to to improve the strats unique playstyle as a counter to defensive players.

Iron fist:

+1 range to militia.

This was suggested 5 years ago but not implemented as it was too controversial. Almost all the strategies have been boosted since then and now iron fist finds itself in competition with lb. This will give the strat the ability to use its militia to wall.

Lucky Bastard:

-3 crit to all units

The strat has been continually boosted since its original nerf from +15 crit back in 2011/2012. Almost all the strats have seen boosts since that time and we are now at +13 crit as well as having the cost nerfs to the infantry and militia removed. We've gone too far and need to take a step back. The strategies primary units are militia, inf, tanks and transports. It boasts close to pd defence and ironfist attack without the range nerfs. The only nerfs on the strat are to its tanks and transports. This is not enough given all the benefits.

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions/ideas you have regarding these or any of the other strategies. Maybe its time to revisit blitz or LB. I will update the thread as we go. Please keep it constructive and civil. I will be deleting any trolling/flaming or offtopic comments. Also please refrain from adding the usual reactionary posts to this thread. Let the fun begin.
19.05.2018 - 12:36
Written by K_Himmelreich, 16.04.2018 at 21:14

No, if anything add +1att to RA.

Triggered
19.05.2018 - 16:10
 4nic
Written by K_Himmelreich, 16.04.2018 at 21:14

I'm not aware of many metas and stuff but I do know blitz and a tb on a blitz stack with the -1def to all units AND a possible stack bonus and BAM, Blitz chances gone and with no cost reductions is not like it gonna make a recovery after a single mistake that will cost it a game. I for one support a range buff; That way the gamble of not being able to defend your cap with basically useless inf is nice. Allot of people can agree that blitz is underrated. Maybe I'm bias, but tbh +1 or even 2 range (even more better) would be sexy and It can also help blitz be less predictable. -10 or 20 cost to tanks would make the offensive idea easier to actually pull off, so I welcome that. I am against Tank buff tho, what's the point of RA being in game if the Blitz is considered for a +1 att. No, if anything add +1att to RA. But another nerf to blitz is completely breaking and should not even be an option for a strat that can't even defend in the first place. Abusing Achilles heel further is ridiculous.

gtfo
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

atWar

About Us
Contact

Privacy | Terms of service | Banners | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Join us on

Spread the word